10 a.m.-12 p.m.: Caucus Session 1: African-American Caucus (Ballroom CD); Hispanic Caucus (Ballroom B); Ethnic Council (Room 218B/219B); Asian-American Pacific Islander Caucus (Room 203AB); Native American Council (Room 218A/219A).
10:50 a.m.: First lady Michelle Obama speaks at the African-American Caucus meeting. Location: Charlotte Convention Center.
11:20 a.m.: First lady Michelle Obama speaks at the Hispanic Caucus meeting. Location: Charlotte Convention Center.
11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Luncheon to promote children’s health and tips for building a healthy lifestyle with Olympic gold medalists and gymnasts Gabrielle Douglas, Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber. Other Olympians include gold medalist swimmers Rebecca Soni and Dana Vollmer and soccer gold medalists Lauren Cheney and Abby Wambach.
12 noon-2 p.m.: Caucus Session 2. Faith Council (Room 203AB); Disability Caucus (Room 211AB/212AB); Youth Council (Ballroom B).
12:40 p.m.: First lady Michelle Obama delivers remarks at the Human Rights Campaign/Victory Fund luncheon honoring LGBT elected officials. Location: Marriott City Center, Charlotte.
2 p.m.-4 p.m.: Caucus Session 3. Veterans & Military Families Council (Room 203AB).
3 p.m.-3:15 p.m. Democracy Spotlight — Dynamic global thought leaders discuss and demonstrate how information technology is being used to enhance citizen participation, improve government accountability and strengthen government transparency. Speaker: David Drummond, senior vice president of corporate development and chief legal officer, Google.
3:15 p.m. -4:45 p.m. Investing in 21st Century Cities: By the year 2050, two-thirds of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas. This panel of urban leaders will share their strategies and personal experiences in building vibrant, thriving 21st-century cities. Panelists: Anthony Foxx, mayor of Charlotte; Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia; Matteo Renzi, mayor of Florence, Italy; Annise Parker, mayor of Houston, Texas. Moderators: Charles Ogletree, Harvard Law School; Neera Tanden, Center for American Progress.
Speeches from the Time Warner Cable Arena:
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.:
• Call to Order, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa
• Presentation of Colors
• Pledge of Allegiance
• National Anthem
• Branford Marsalis
• Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (Ill.)
• Rep. Diana DeGette (Colo.)
• The Honorable John A. Pérez, Speaker and Member of the California State Assembly
• Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino
• Rep. Judy Chu (Calif.)
• Steve Westly, Former State Controller and Chief Financial Officer of California
• An Economy Built to Last Video: Small Business
• Rep. John Larson (Conn.)
• Ken Myers, Deputy Sheriff, Carroll County, Iowa
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.:
• Richard Trumka, President of the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL–CIO)
• Rep. Steve Israel (N.Y.)
• Senator Patty Murray (Wash.)
• Pedro R. Pierluisi,Non-Voting Member of the US House of Representatives, Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico
• An Economy Build to Last Video: Energy
• Tom Steyer, Co-Founder of Advanced Energy Economy
• Sen. Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.)
• Congressional Black Caucus
• Gov. Dannel Malloy (Conn.)
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.:
• Denise Juneau, Superintendent of the Montana Office of Public Instruction
• Rep. Nancy Pelosi (Calif.)
• Agriculture Secretary and former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack
• Sen. Barbara Mikulski (Md.)
• Education Secretary Arne Duncan
• Progress for People Video: Education
• American Voices Remarks
• Former Gov. Jim Hunt (N.C.)
• Remarks and Video Presentation in Memoriam
• Former Charlotte Mayor Harvey B. Gantt
• Jessica Sanchez, Singer/Songwriter
8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
• Stronger Together Video: Women’s Health
• Elizabeth Ann “Libby” Bruce
• Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America
• Rep. Steny Hoyer (Md.)
• Rep. Barney Frank (Mass.)
• American Heroes Video: Veterans
• Ed Meagher
• Veterans Affairs Secretary General Eric Shinseki
• Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
• Gov. John Hickenlooper (Colo.)
• Sister Simone Campbell, Executive Director of Roman Catholic Social Justice Organization, NETWORK
• Gov. Jack Markell (Del.)
9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.:
• Karen Mills
• Progress for People Video: Small Business
• Bill Butcher
• Calif. attorney general Kamala D. Harris
• Stronger Together Video: Immigration
• Benita Veliz, DREAM Act Activist
• Cristina Saralegui, Journalist, Actress, and Talk Show Host
• Sandra Fluke, Attorney and Women’s Rights Activist
• Austin Ligon, Co-Founder and Former CEO of CarMax, Inc.
• An Economy Build to Last Video: Auto-Industry
• Karen Eusanio
• Bob King, President of the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW)
• Randy Johnson, Cindy Hewitt, and David Foster, Former Employees at companies controlled by Romney’s Bain Capital
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (Md.)
10:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.:
• Jim Sinegal, Co-Founder and Former CEO of Costco
• Elizabeth Warren, Candidate for US Senate, Massachusetts
• DNC chair Antonio R. Villaraigosa
• Former president Bill Clinton
• Roll Call Vote
• Alice Germond, Secretary of the Democratic National Committee
• Rabbi David Wolpe, Sinai Temple, Los Angeles, California
• Retire Colors